Monday, August 24, 2009

Prima Ballerina


I love these images, I don't know exactly why... there's just something about the 1920's that intrigues me! If I had a time machine, I would be stopping by the 20's for a visit right after Woodstock!

The Roaring Twenties or Jazz Age just seems to be such a romantic time to me. Society was in an intense explosion of exploration... music, dance, arts and fashion, ...alcohol!!! ...civil rights and the rise of the feminine voice and her entry to the workforce, to the creation of television, combining moving pictures with sounds and taking entertainment to another dimension. And that growth went in every direction, good and bad and everything in between, from racism, gansters, political plotting, prohibition and suppression to liberation, cultural celebration and expressive freedom. The 20's had it all! People all over the place were inspired and creating and learning and loving expanding and I feel like my head its about to explode from thinking about the amazing rush of energy it must have had!

A growth spurt of human evolution, it was like human culture hitting its stride and runnin a muk... realising how much fun it could have in life, how free and amazing it could feel.
Somehow I feel a real sense of pride when I think of that period of time. Not as in my own egoistic pride as an individual but a pride of humanity itself, the collective looking at what it had accomplished and how it had grown and was goin' ... fuck yeah... we're RAD!



Source | google image search... aimless wandering in cyberspace!!!

1 comment:

  1. though they're just in black n white, they look great! =)

    ReplyDelete