Monday, August 10, 2009

Binge & Purge

Betsey Boo was the name of my old car... she turned into a gnnnnnaaaaarrrrlling pirate after one of her wheels fell off while I was driving home from the pub on a school night... clearly I was being punished for my recklessness... she was awesome, but not as cool as this Betsey!!
Betsey Johnson, this amazing guru, lived through some amazing times in pop culture history and flips from awesome eighties jumpsuits to zipper punkin heaven and then ever so smoothly to flowery off the shoulder frocks that make me want to become bulimic in the hope that one day I could be waif like enough to pull off one of her voluminous frocks of floral bliss!!!

I love this shot of Molly Ringwald wearing a fabulous Betsey frock... I recently bought The Breakfast Club on DVD, now I want to collect all of Molly's films, I idolised her when I was a teen... she always seemed so perfect, girly and giggly... an eighties queen, and this shot clearly exemplifies my point! Look at that hair!!!!


I've never been a huge fan of floral prints, I generally don't wear them well but this one I love, hat and all! Now for a binge and purge...

No comments:

Post a Comment