Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Battles Old Wars

Recently I was given a very special treat from the universe... it gave me a tiny wee sip of pure and blissful joy, just enough to wet my lips and leaving me constantly craving for more. Possible yet so improbable it unfolded, a journey both amazingly easy and tumultuous, the saga still continues along a windy and twisted path to only the gods know where!
It led me back into battle with my sworn enemy... my own separate Self.
Some days I annihilate my foe and wear my armour lighter than a feather, other days I'm on the back foot and scrambling for position in an incoming onslaught of vile doubt and uncertainty.
In a desparate bid to exorcise the demons that keep me tied up in what if's and could be's, I write, I create and I seek inspiration. The cataclysmic epiphony's that snap me out of loathing and longing for something outside of the moment on my doorstep. Those moments of clarity and victory always seem to come in an image or a colour or a word...

Example...


'No' she desparately sobs 'why must it be so...'
Pain and despair stick in her throat
Beauty and magic just beyond the tips of her fingers
There for a brief moment, a chance to touch home.

Circumstance conspires against the union of two in substance
Her tears protesting the sorrow, she seems about to drown
The darkness calls and pulls at her
Promising its twisted sweetness in misery and doubt.

The horns of battle cry from the light
The soldiers streak towards her with bright weapons of faith
Dispelling the night she seeks to hide deep within
Refusing to allow her Self to overcome her.

Twisted Sweetness | Duckywoo

No comments:

Post a Comment