Friday, September 4, 2009

Soho Blues

Allan Tannenbaum captures history in his new book New York in the 70's showcasing his massive catalogue of photo's and vast expanse of subjects that he has shot during the 70's. They include an absolute melting pot from disco divas, to twisted sex clubs, amazing musicians, fashion runways, political activists to street gangs and avante garde festivals.
I have spent most of today pouring through his website galleries in awe of the times and scene's that this man has captured... meaning he was actually present at all of these events, gigs, weird loco's and points in history... and this is just the 70's!!! A lot of his work is in B&W, which I just love monocramatic scene's, it adds a feel to images that I love.
These are some of my fav's, mainly muso's that I love and would give my left tit to have seen live in their hay day... alas this is not going to happen, lucky for my left tit, seems I'll be staying attached to it for a while longer!!!


The Ramones

Pat Bennetar

Blondie

Robert Plant | Led Zepplin

Bowie...friggin legend!!!

John & Yoko

Chrissie Hynde | the Pretenders

Jerry Hall

Bob Marley

Avante garde madness

Talking Heads

Dolly and Mick Jagger

Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment