Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Death of Innocence...


"I felt that this room in my dream had the same feeling about it as if it was a loved one's room who has passed away long ago, the room was normally a forgotten space, a no-go zone full of things that reminded me of my past. The death of innocence lingered and loomed in the darkness.
It was a room in my mind full of memories and emptiness all at the same time.
A trace remained of old mourning and pent up emotion, a strong sense of 'I'd rather forget all about it' that made my heart ache. Like a subtle clue left to say I'd known that this day would come... and I'd prayed that day would be a long time in coming.

Someone had broken into it, letting thick shafts of afternoon sun flood the room, a dark space full of dust, between the cracks of the barred windows and broken door. It gave the room that golden glow full of dust sparkling and reflecting the light this way and that... maybe it was a dark and seedy entity that bought malice and pain to the space... or maybe the culprit was a split personality of my own unconscious creation that had cracked its seal, exposing familiar yet forcibly forgotten lament...
yet the cause of the pain was just beyond the reach of comprehension.
Nothing had been taken or disturbed, not even the dust that hung ominously in the room, suspended in animation... yet I felt vulnerable, invaded and confused.
Someone, something, or, more likely, some part of me was trying to air out the space, shed light upon it, cleanse it and transform the energy into something new..."

- An excerpt from my dream journal this morning

Image Source | I Need Chemical X and Something Intellectual

No comments:

Post a Comment